4 Easy Ways to Rise Up From Discouragement and Feel Better About Yourself
Life isn’t always what you expect it to be, is it? When the results you hope for do not manifest themselves, this can sometimes leave you questioning your self-worth and abilities. It’s easy to fall into that trap of discouragement.
The good news is that you can also get yourself right out of that melancholy mood!
Dwelling on the negative and remaining in a depressed state is unhealthy. After a while, you’ll feel like you’re moving backward instead of forward. This makes it challenging to get back to a positive mindset.
Here are 4 simple tips to get you started to restore your belief in you:
1. Reflect on past successes. If you are honest with yourself, you will begin to realize that you have enjoyed many successes in the past.
- Reflect on how great you felt when you earned something you worked extremely hard for.
- Think about the impact you’ve had on your peers when you accomplished something that they all would’ve loved to accomplish themselves.
2. Know that you are uniquely created. You have a special blend of talents, abilities, personality, appearance and purpose that is different from everyone else on the planet. There is no one else like you and that is a wonderful thing!
- Since you’re the only person like you around, why not focus on your unique abilities and put those to work to evoke positive change in your life? Setting your new ideas in motion will go a long way toward restoring your self-confidence.
3. Do something you are good at. A sure way to boost how you feel about yourself is to do something you already know you are good at. Having even a small success is a great way to build reassurance and focus on the positive.
- It’s okay to need that self-reassurance from time to time. It’s a challenging time in a tough world, and it’s easy for outside influences to dampen your drive. Remind yourself that you’re a star in a part of the sky where nobody else shines quite as bright.
4. Make someone else feel special. Making a positive impact on someone else’s life is one of the most empowering and uplifting experiences you can have!
- Try volunteering at a local agency that helps those less fortunate than you. So many lives need a caring touch. Taking the opportunity to help them will enable you to feel that much more worthy. In fact, you may sometimes forget about your own hardships for a while because you’re so focused on helping someone else overcome theirs.
Try not to dwell on the negative feelings you might have about yourself. Instead, celebrate all the great qualities you have inside and share those with the world. Take the time to reflect on your blessings and you willl begin to see for yourself how awesome and special you really are.
We’d love to hear your thoughts.